Details of the course
- The duration of the course is 300 hours spread over approximately two years.
Eligibility to Apply
- The course is open only to male candidates.
- Minimum educational qualification to apply for the course:
- Pass in Class 10 (Madhyamik).
- Background in music is not required. However, it is recommended that the applicant should have:
- sense of music and rhythm
- eagerness to learn
- The applicant should attend the classes regularly
- Age limit: 35 years
- Number of seats: about 15
- Classes have started from 12th Jan 2018.
- Interview will be conducted individually on convenient dates. If selected, the candidate may get admission on the same day.
Classes are held on: Sundays: 10 am to 1 pm
Application Fee and Admission Process
The application fee is Rs. 300/- (Rupees three hundred only)
The candidates will be tested for their sense of music and rhythm in the interview, and the selection of the candidates will be on the basis of their interview.
How to Apply
Application forms may be downloaded from the links given at the bottom on this page or collected from the University’s admission office at Belur (just outside the Belur Math main gate). Please read the instructions printed in the application form carefully.
All the relevant information of the application must be duly filled and submitted along with the application fee mentioned above. It can be either a demand draft made in favour of ‘Ramakrishna Mission Vivekananda Educational and Research Institute’ payable at Belur Math, Howrah, (preferably UBI or SBI) or by cash. Completed application forms can be submitted in any of the following ways as given below.
1. Send the completed application form with the demand draft to the following address by the last dated of submission of application form given above.
Write on the top left of the envelope “Pakhawaj Course”
Programmes in Indian Classical Music
Ramakrishna Mission Vivekananda Educational and Research Institute
PO Belur Math
Howrah, West Bengal 711202
2. Submit the completed form in person with the demand draft or cash to the University’s admission office at Belur by the last dated of submission of application form given above.
3. Send the completed application preferably in pdf format by email to: ,
Bring a printout of the completed application form and printout of the email sent to us along with the demand draft or cash to the University’s admission office at Belur on the day of interview.
Admission process shall begin immediately after the interview. Those candidates permitted and willing to take admission may get admitted immediately after inteview by paying a total amount of Rs 3000/- (Rupees three thousand only) per year.
Selected candidates have to take admission by paying the requisite fees on or before the commencement of classes. Those who fail to take admission before the stipulated date without explicit permission from the authority will run the risk of forfeiting their admission.
Contact Person for Enquiry
Manik Lal Dey
Mobile Numbers: 94338 29295 / 76878 40311